Subject: bug#6591: 24.0.50; incorrect doc for `catch'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:48:12 +0300

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:52:05 -0700
> Cc: 
> 
> to BODY as if there were only one BODY, and it refers to "the forms of
> the BODY", by which it probably means to refer to the BODYs, that is,
> the BODY items in the list (BODY...).
>  
> "BODY" is anyway the wrong term to use here, as it suggests (even if it
> does not imply) that only one such sexp is allowed.  But more
> importantly, it is incorrect to refer to "the forms of the BODY" when
> what is really meant is the list of BODYs.

No, ``forms of BODY'' is correct.  No one said that BODY can contain
only one sexp.

> When the doc says "the value of the last body form is returned" it
> really means that the value of the last BODY sexp is returned - not the
> last form in BODY.

What's the difference?

IMO, it doesn't make sense to talk about "BODYs", since the whole
doc string doesn't make sense then.

And please don't argue: this is my opinion, and we don't have to
agree.