Subject: bug#6591: 24.0.50; incorrect doc for `catch'

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:44:34 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:59:38 +0200
>> 
>> >> Well, just look at `when' -- ISTM it has the very same "problem" as
>> >> discussed here. And it's probably not the only one/two.
>> >
>> > Sorry, I don't get your point.  Sure, there are places in the manual
>> > that use "FORM...", but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the only
>> > possible way of describing that.  "BODY..." is used in quite a few
>> > places as well, and I was only talking about those.
>> 
>> You were asking about BODY...
>> `when' uses BODY..., and IMO in `when' `BODY...' means the very same
>> thing as in `catch' (i.e., "any number of forms"), which you're now
>> apparently about to change.
>
> I think you are using an old version of the ELisp manual.  The latest
> one on the trunk doesn't use BODY...  That's why I misunderstood your
> point.

(describe-function 'when)

> But yes, I know that `catch' is not the only one that uses BODY... and
> I intended to change them all.

I just hope you're not going to change them to `BODY' instead of
`BODY...', as that would mean

(when (condition)
  (a single form))

`FORM...' would seem more clear, but I don't really care that much.

Štěpán