Subject: Re: bug#6591: 24.0.50; incorrect doc for `catch'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:23:10 +0300

> From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:59:38 +0200
> 
> >> Well, just look at `when' -- ISTM it has the very same "problem" as
> >> discussed here. And it's probably not the only one/two.
> >
> > Sorry, I don't get your point.  Sure, there are places in the manual
> > that use "FORM...", but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the only
> > possible way of describing that.  "BODY..." is used in quite a few
> > places as well, and I was only talking about those.
> 
> You were asking about BODY...
> `when' uses BODY..., and IMO in `when' `BODY...' means the very same
> thing as in `catch' (i.e., "any number of forms"), which you're now
> apparently about to change.

I think you are using an old version of the ELisp manual.  The latest
one on the trunk doesn't use BODY...  That's why I misunderstood your
point.

But yes, I know that `catch' is not the only one that uses BODY... and
I intended to change them all.