Subject: Re: bug#6591: 24.0.50; incorrect doc for `catch'

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:59:38 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: =?utf-8?B?xaB0xJtww6FuIE7Em21lYw==?= <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Richard
> Stallman <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:14:47 +0200
>> 
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Using FORM... is okay, but will need more extensive changes, so I'd
>> > rather not do it.  I'd like to simply remove the dots after BODY, and
>> > explain in the text that BODY can consist of one or more forms.
>> >
>> > Does anyone see any reason why keeping the dots in BODY... will have
>> > some didactical importance?  Richard? Stefan? Yidong?
>> 
>> Well, just look at `when' -- ISTM it has the very same "problem" as
>> discussed here. And it's probably not the only one/two.
>
> Sorry, I don't get your point.  Sure, there are places in the manual
> that use "FORM...", but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the only
> possible way of describing that.  "BODY..." is used in quite a few
> places as well, and I was only talking about those.

You were asking about BODY...
`when' uses BODY..., and IMO in `when' `BODY...' means the very same
thing as in `catch' (i.e., "any number of forms"), which you're now
apparently about to change.

Štěpán