Subject: bug#65908: 29.1.50; Emacs 29 regresses on macOS

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 08:58:04 +0000

>> It's okay in principle, but the idea of that script is to include only 
>> commits that don't build on GNU/Linux, with GCC, and with the default 
>> build options (just "make").
>
> Thanks, I now see that explained a bit further down in the file.
>
> Perhaps that explanation could be moved to the very top of the file?
>

Done (cfcdb6ec2a).

>
> BTW, if you have any scripts that you use to update the list, it might 
> be useful to add them to emacs.git.  Perhaps just as a comment to 
> git-bisect-start, depending on how long it is.  That would decrease the 
> bus factor.
>

These scripts are almost trivial: for each not yet checked commit, do git 
checkout, make, and check the result.  The only slightly complex part is 
"for each not yet checked commit": it uses the list of all commits that I 
already checked (currently 21484, in a 860 KB text file), and I'm not sure 
adding that big file to emacs.git would be appropriate.