Subject: bug#65908: 29.1.50; Emacs 29 regresses on macOS

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 12:55:55 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I try to update the list of failing commits monthly.
>
> Thanks for maintaining that script.  We need more people showing that
> kind of initiative and drive.

+1

And, three weeks later, the culprit is

commit 058c012f73d4abe014ace44b46c23babd48aebbc (HEAD)
Author: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Nov 14 15:09:43 2021 +0000

    Only set LANG if the ID is valid
    
    * src/nsterm.m (ns_init_locale): Check the provided locale identifier
    is available before trying to use it.

But don't ask me how that comes into play here because that function
seems to be called from main only.  Maybe it's because LANG is now not
always set, but used somewhere else?

Added Alan Third to the CC.