Subject: Re: bug#65905: 30.0.50; Consider changing info buffer names to info<(org)> rather than info<3>

From: Vladimir Nikishkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 10:11:55 +0800

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

> Speaking for myself: "C-x b PATTERN TAB" is kind of ingrained in my
> muscle memory to switch back to all sorts of buffers I know are open.
> So my brain turns "Switch back to that Info buffer for the FOO manual"
> into "C-x b info TAB", then I stare blankly at the "*info<N>*"
> candidates for a couple of seconds, and pick one at random.

Exactly!

> Point taken re. C-h R (which even limits completion to opened manuals
> with C-u, neat), though switching buffers with C-x b is such a generic
> action that I perform dozens of times an hour without thinking twice,
> that I suspect stopping myself from C-x b'ing just for Info buffers is
> going to be hard.

C-u C-h R ??? I didn't know about this behaviour of the prefix argument!
It does make things simpler, although really, I think that just adding a
call to (rename-buffer) at the end of 'info-display-manual would not be
that bad.

-- 
Your sincerely,
Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf)
(Laptop)