Subject: bug#65896: 30.0.50; folding text with text properties prevents background from extending past the newline

From: StrawberryTea <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:05:53 -0500

What I’m saying is that, I start up GDB and I set a breakpoint on Frecenter and
step into display_line, I can see the glyph row and how all the characters in
the folded heading have the heading except the newline character at the end. And
I would like for in this specific scenario, the face on the ellipsis to be used
(since it has extend) instead of the face on the newline which is the default
face. But I don’t know how to make that modification to the code yet.

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: StrawberryTea <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>>  [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 13:33:05 -0500
>>
>> I’m using this (<https://0x0.st/HViT.txt>) init.el to debug redisplay with:
>> cgdb –args ./emacs -q -l ./init.el
>>
>> I still haven’t figured out how to fix this but that init works fine. It doesn’t
>> matter that it loads all of Org mode since we’re just looking at the display.
>
> Thanks, but I don’t think I understand what you are saying.  If the
> init file works fine, then what do you need to fix?  And how is the
> init file related to the issue at hand?