Subject: bug#65892: 30.0.50; yank-media fails for clipboard selection that are wiped after being accessed

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 10:06:35 +0530

[செவ்வாய் ஜூன் 25, 2024] Po Lu wrote:

>> [...]
>>> And, btw, I wonder whether enough people use pcmanfm for us to bother
>>> about this issue.
>>
>> AFAIK, pcmanfm is fairly popular among the window manager users crowd
>> due to its light-weight.
>
> I suspect another implication of this is that pcmanfm is actively
> developed, so is there any chance of your filing a request with their
> developers that they not disclaim ownership of selections after
> responding to a request?  It is a very peculiar action for any X client,
> and surely it's not only Emacs that is or will be affected.

I do not actually use pcmanfm.  It was simply the first file-manager
that came to my mind as I developed the feature for org-mode.  But if no
takes the cake, I will report a bug report once I have the time.

BTW, I would be happy if I can do the above copying/cutting files from
_dired_ without resorting to xclip(1) to set non-STRING targets.  I
tried to do it with the facilities offered by Emacs but failed to set
_only_ the required target without other things like STRING.  The same
happened when I tried to copy an image to the clipboard.  I would be
happy to open a bug report or some such if you're interested.