Subject: Re: bug#65882: 29.1; rcirc doesn't rejoin channels automatically on reconnecting

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 19:27:48 -0700

severity 65882 + minor
thanks

Manphiz <[email-masked]> writes:

> I noticed that you lowered the severity of this bug from "normal" to
> "wishlist".  AIUI rcirc provides a way to automatically join channels
> upon connecting to a server and currently this is not working as
> intended, so IMHO it should be considered a bug instead of a feature
> request (a wishlist).

Thanks, so I bumped it to minor.  I hope that makes more sense.

> (If you are using severity as a means to manage bug triage priority
> I'm OK with that.)

My impression is that almost no one pays attention to bug severities, so
I wouldn't make too much of it.  Bug reports that come with a patch,
like yours did, tend to get more visibility though.

> Personally, as the patch is sufficiently trivial, I would hope it won't
> take too much work for a review.  But I would understand if dealing with
> rcirc-user-authenticated is more involved than it looks like and should
> be handled with care.

I've copied in the rcirc maintainers.  Let's see if they have any
comments first.