Subject: [bug#65879] [PATCH gnome-team v3 0/1] Gnome-control-center passes all tests, but still crashes

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 14:56:54 +0200

Hi!

I copied the test setup environment from gnome-shell to gnome-control-center,
and now all the tests pass. Debian has a patch to disable the network panel
tests, because it could be slow. I could build it on emulated i686 with no
problem, though.

gnome-control-center still crashes, even if I set up the environment as in
tests. My hypothesis is now that there is an incompatibility between the
networkmanager d-bus service already running and the libnma used to compile
gnome-control-center. It may be possible that a fully upgraded system works
without problem, but I need qemu to test that with guix system vm.

Best regards,

Vivien

Vivien Kraus (1):
  gnu: gnome-control-center: Update to 44.3.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm                        | 43 +++++++++++++------
 ...ome-control-center-firmware-security.patch | 33 ++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 64 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gnome-control-center-firmware-security.patch

base-commit: e9ff5d51e3297089e66c124195e1f1b42dbded65
-- 
2.41.0