Subject: Re: [gnome-team v2 0/1] Still failing: Updage gnome-control-center and disable the firmware security panel

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 22:41:53 +0200

Am Dienstag, dem 12.09.2023 um 21:00 +0200 schrieb Vivien Kraus:
> Hi!
> 
> Le mardi 12 septembre 2023 à 20:25 +0200, Liliana Marie Prikler a
> écrit :
> > Perhaps you can comment out the firmware-security panel in
> > panels/meson.build and see what happens?  I don't think it's useful
> > to us anyway.
> 
> It’s not that simple. However, debian does a similar job with a
> patch, so I applied it. And it does not fix the issue, unfortunately.
GDB spits out the following:

Thread 1 ".gnome-control-" received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007ffff60a3fec in __pthread_kill_implementation () from
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35/lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) up
#1  0x00007ffff605a202 in raise () from
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35/lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) 
#2  0x00007ffff604545b in abort () from
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35/lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) 
#3  0x00007ffff7c3fe62 in ?? () from
/gnu/store/ckysqidiiw88bw1kdyndjcrsakrysxkn-glib-2.76.1/lib/libglib-
2.0.so.0
(gdb) 
#4  0x00007ffff7ca413b in g_assertion_message_expr () from
/gnu/store/ckysqidiiw88bw1kdyndjcrsakrysxkn-glib-2.76.1/lib/libglib-
2.0.so.0
(gdb) 
#5  0x000000000045daaf in cc_object_storage_add_object ()
(gdb) 
#6  0x00000000005212d7 in cc_wifi_panel_static_init_func ()
(gdb) 

Have you tried updating network-manager by chance? :P
Maybe with that you also don't have to drop the test that tests it.
Though just bumping it to 1.44.0 didn't resolve things locally, perhaps
there's another dependency in the chain that I did not consider yet.

Cheers