Subject: Re: [gnome-team 1/1] gnu: gnome-control-center: Update to 44.3.

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 12:03:06 +0200

Hello!

Le mardi 12 septembre 2023 à 06:15 +0200, Liliana Marie Prikler a
écrit :
> Content-wise LGTM, will rewrite the commit as noted above and wait
> for
> CI.

Did you manage to run it?

If I do:

./pre-inst-env guix shell gnome-control-center -- gnome-control-center

then it immediately crashes, with output:

10:54:39.2952 cc-firmware-security-panel[31903]: WARNING: system bus
not available: Could not connect: No such file or directory
**
cc-object-storage:ERROR:../gnome-control-center-44.3/shell/cc-object-
storage.c:167:cc_object_storage_add_object: assertion failed:
(G_IS_OBJECT (object))
Bail out! cc-object-storage:ERROR:../gnome-control-center-
44.3/shell/cc-object-storage.c:167:cc_object_storage_add_object:
assertion failed: (G_IS_OBJECT (object))
Abandon

Interestingly, it does not crash on a foreign distro (debian stable).

I found this, maybe relevant:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/-/issues/342

Vivien