Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] Add built-in builder for Git checkouts

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 00:27:56 +0200

Hello,

Changes compared to v1:

  • The ‘output’ parameter of the ‘perform-download’ and
    ‘perform-git-download’ procedures is now mandatory.
    Consequently, the confusing ‘output*’ variable is gone.

  • The docstring of these two procedures has been clarified
    accordingly.

  • I think there’s no third item.

Let me know if I missed something!

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (8):
  git-download: Move fallback code to (guix build git).
  git-download: Honor the ‘GUIX_DOWNLOAD_FALLBACK_TEST’ environment
    variable.
  perform-download: Remove unused one-argument clause.
  daemon: Add “git-download” built-in builder.
  build: Add dependency on Git.
  perform-download: Use the ‘git’ command captured at configure time.
  git-download: Use “builtin:git-download” when available.
  tests: Assume ‘git’ is always available.

 configure.ac                      |   7 ++
 doc/guix.texi                     |   1 +
 guix/build/git.scm                |  44 ++++++++++-
 guix/config.scm.in                |   6 +-
 guix/git-download.scm             | 122 ++++++++++++++++++------------
 guix/scripts/perform-download.scm |  67 +++++++++++-----
 guix/self.scm                     |  10 ++-
 nix/libstore/builtins.cc          |   5 +-
 tests/builders.scm                |  29 ++++++-
 tests/channels.scm                |   7 +-
 tests/derivations.scm             |  94 ++++++++++++++++++++++-
 tests/git-authenticate.scm        |   1 -
 tests/git.scm                     |  10 ---
 tests/import-git.scm              |  18 -----
 14 files changed, 309 insertions(+), 112 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3d8d67ef6928f5d81118c97f03372cd341eab8b0
-- 
2.41.0