Subject: bug#65852: 30.0.50; image-auto-resize :type has choices in wrong order

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 10:58:17 -0300

On 10/9/23 10:49, Stefan Kangas wrote:
 > Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:
 >
 >> The :type for image-auto-resize looks like this:
 >>
 >> :type '(choice (const :tag "No resizing" nil)
 >>                 (const :tag "Fit to window" fit-window)
 >>                 (other :tag "Scale down to fit window" t)
 >>                 (number :tag "Scale factor" 1))
 >>
 >> The `other' choice should come last.  Otherwise Custom thinks that
 >> that's the selected option, even when the value of image-auto-resize is
 >> a number.
 >
 > ENOPATCH

I was waiting to get a bug number assigned, so I could add it in the
commit message.  I don't know if there's any other way to do it.

 > Thanks for working on this.  Is it possible to detect issues like these
 > statically?

I worked on something like that for elint.el, based on the wishlist on
Bug#2591: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2591

But I know it might be better to make it so that the byte-compiler
warns, so I never posted it.