Subject: bug#6585: status of patch?

From: "Jason S. Cornez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:02:25 +0100

Glad to hear that patch looks good and may make it to a future release.

Thanks,
- -Jason

On 11/22/2011 10:47 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>>> Hi.  Just wanted to see if something else was requested from
>>>> me here.
>>> Not yet, no.  I haven't had time to look into your patch yet. 
>>> Thanks already for submitting it, tho.
>> Just a vote for this or a similar patch.  After years of
>> mounting
> 
> Duh!  I dropped the ball, didn't I?  Now it's too late for 24.1 To
> try and reduce the pain, here's what I can give you: - I looked at
> the patch and it looks pretty good (i.e. I think it'd be acceptable
> for Emacs-24.2). - Emacs-24.1 comes with `debug-on-event' which is
> a similar feature (except you need to "kill -USR2 <emacspid>"
> instead of hitting C-g with anger). - I've just installed a patch
> in server.el which I believe should resolve the OP's original
> problem.
> 
> Stefan