Subject: bug#6585: status of patch?

From: Tim Connors <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:54:44 +1100 (EST)

>> Hi.  Just wanted to see if something else was requested from me here.
>
>Not yet, no.  I haven't had time to look into your patch yet.
>Thanks already for submitting it, tho.
>
>        Stefan

Just a vote for this or a similar patch.  After years of mounting
frustration with xemacs, I finally ported my elisp files back to emacs and
started using it regularly last week.  Almost immediately I came across a
problem where yank or just leaving the emacs session sit overnight would
result in emacs chewing 100% cpu.  It appears a font-locked buffer was
stuck in an infinite loop (unkillable, and this would make sense given
that font-loick is invoked from a timer).  Somehow I seem to have fixed
that, but maybe I just haven't waited long enough for it to reappear.
The obvious C-g C-g C-g would have certainly saved a few
kill-and-restarts.

-- 
Tim Connors