Subject: bug#6585: 23.1; Hang / CPU 100% on background interaction when in minibuffer

From: "Jason S. Cornez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:39:47 +0200

On 07/16/2010 10:27 AM, martin rudalics wrote:
>>   emacsclient -e '(my::switch-to-buffer "buffer")'
>>
>> That's almost certainly not exactly correct and I haven't tried it, but
>> it's the basic idea.
> 
> It's still a mystery to me why this should happen only when you
> byte-compile my::switch-to-buffer.
> 
> martin

I apologize, that is an assumption which I didn't test.  I do know that
when I edebug the function (C-u C-M-x) then I can use C-g.  And I could
see gdb that emacs was stuck in bytecode.c.  So I made the leap to byte
compiled being part of the problem.

Sorry for jumping to that conclusion.  In truth I don't know if
byte-compiling the function matters or not.

And I still haven't had a chance to work on a stand-alone test case.
Given that my own specific problem is resolved, I've mostly moved on.
But if I find the time to help some more, I'll post what I find.  Even
if that is just to say that I can't isolate the problem.

- -Jason