Subject: bug#65846: closed (Re: bug#65846: Request to merge emacs-team branch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 09:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65846: Request for merging "emacs-team" branch

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65846: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65846
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65846: Request to merge emacs-team branch
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 11:45:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Freitag, dem 15.09.2023 um 09:54 +0100 schrieb Christopher Baines:
> 
> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > what's been promised some while ago in another thread is finally
> > close™ to becoming reality: Emacs 29 on Guix with tree-sitter and
> > all that stuff.  I expect to merge the branch onto master within
> > next week or the week after that.  In the meantime, please use this
> > thread to mark bugs and patches that you would like to see applied
> > before that.
> 
> After some manual intervention, QA now has some information on the
> small number of packages that fail to build on this branch:
> 
>   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/emacs-team
Thanks.  I've fixed the low-hanging fruits and merged the branch.  I
expect that users will investigate the remaining breakages of their
favourite packages.

Cheers

Subject: Request to merge emacs-team branch
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 00:48:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

what's been promised some while ago in another thread is finally close™
to becoming reality: Emacs 29 on Guix with tree-sitter and all that
stuff.  I expect to merge the branch onto master within next week or
the week after that.  In the meantime, please use this thread to mark
bugs and patches that you would like to see applied before that.

Cheers