Subject: 29.1; desktop-load moves frames to the right and down

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 12:32:42 -0000

=============================================================================
In GNU Emacs 29.1, desktop-load moves frames to the right and down.

The three attachements show the shifts in frame positions:

- .emacs.desktop.1 contains the correct frame positions after using
  `desktop-save` and copying .emacs.desktop to .emacs.desktop.1

- Loading .emacs.desktop.1 into Emacs 29 results in the frames being
  shifted. On exiting Emacs 29, the shifted positions are stored in
  .emacs.desktop and copied to .emacs.desktop.2.

- Loading .emacs.desktop.2 into Emacs 29 results in the frames being
  shifted again. On exiting Emacs 29, the shifted positions are stored
  in .emacs.desktop and copied to .emacs.desktop.3.

- Loading any of these .emacs.desktop files into Emacs 28.2 results in
  the expected frame positions (in case of .2 and .3 the positions
  incorrectly shifted to by Emacs 29).
=============================================================================

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2023-07-30 built on
armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.5.2

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
-DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /Users/tanzer/.emacs.lib::/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Elisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  msb-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/System/Volumes/Data/Swing/work/project/ls-emacs/javascript hides /Users/tanzer/.emacs.lib/javascript
/Users/tanzer/.emacs.lib/custom hides /Applications/Emacs-29.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/custom
/System/Volumes/Data/Swing/work/project/ls-emacs/picture hides /Applications/Emacs-29.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/picture

Features:
(shadow emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
cl-extra help-mode time-date flyspell ispell help-at-pt easy-mmode
display-fill-column-indicator autorevert filenotify recentf
tree-widget wid-edit javascript-mode jinja-mode sgml-mode facemenu dom
swing-kartei-quot swing-kartei-person swing-kartei-firma
swing-kartei-bib swing-kartei--summary swing-kartei--entry
swing-command whitespace msb python rx project pcase treesit
lse-python tex-mode shell pcomplete cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs derived lse-cal
lse-tpu-edit-units imenu lse-window lse-vcs lse-range lse-mode-alist
lse-menu lse-mark-stack lse-learn-key lse-language lse-kill lse-keys
lse-interactive lse-git server hl-line desktop frameset lse-session
lse-frame lse-fill-in--search lse-fill-in--delimiters
lse-fill-in-marks lse-fill-in-history lse-hash lse-fill-in-info
lse-flat-fill-in lse-fill-in ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs cl-loaddefs cl-lib password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars lse-file
lse-face lse-editing lse-define lse-deep-fill-in lse-completion
lse-tpu-keys compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring lse-compilation lse-indent lse-comment lse-command
lse-byte-compile lse-buffer-list lse-buffer lse-tpu time picture
lse-pos-ring lse-list-util lse-basics ls-emacs lse-macosx rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple
cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 166760 13524)
(symbols 48 17838 36)
(strings 32 54853 1164)
(string-bytes 1 1710148)
(vectors 16 30484)
(vector-slots 8 374800 18658)
(floats 8 73 20)
(intervals 56 1711 144)
(buffers 984 10))
;; -*- mode: emacs-lisp; lexical-binding:t; coding: utf-8-emacs; -*-
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Desktop File for Emacs
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Created Sat Sep  9 12:44:11 2023
;; Desktop file format version 208
;; Emacs version 29.1

;; Global section:
(setq desktop-saved-frameset [frameset 1 (25852 23179 559581 0) (desktop . "208") "[email-masked]" nil nil ((((minibuffer . t) (fontsize . 0) (font . "-*-Menlo-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (font-parameter . "-*-Menlo-normal-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (child-frame-border-width) (vertical-scroll-bars . right) (horizontal-scroll-bars) (line-spacing) (no-special-glyphs) (undecorated) (ns-appearance) (ns-transparent-titlebar) (z-group) (no-focus-on-map) (no-accept-focus) (menu-bar-lines . 1) (tab-bar-lines . 0) (tool-bar-lines . 0) (title) (icon-type) (scroll-bar-height . 15) (alpha-background) (fullscreen) (sticky) (background-mode . light) (last-focus-update) (frameset--id . "984C-20C7-9E97-83AF") (frameset--mini t) (height . 98) (width . 80) (modeline . t) (unsplittable) (left . 1905) (top . 25) (icon-name) (visibility . t) (tool-bar-position . top)) ((min-height . 4) (min-width . 10) (min-height-ignore . 2) (min-width-ignore . 7) (min-height-safe . 1) (min-width-safe . 2) (min-pixel-height . 56) (min-pixel-width . 70) (min-pixel-height-ignore . 28) (min-pixel-width-ignore . 49) (min-pixel-height-safe . 14) (min-pixel-width-safe . 14)) leaf (pixel-width . 591) (pixel-height . 1358) (total-width . 84) (total-height . 97) (normal-height . 1.0) (normal-width . 1.0) (buffer ".emacs" (selected) (hscroll . 0) (fringes 8 8 nil nil) (margins nil) (scroll-bars nil 3 t nil 0 t nil) (vscroll . 0) (dedicated) (point . 25648) (start . 23573))) (((minibuffer . t) (fontsize . 0) (font . "-*-Menlo-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (child-frame-border-width) (vertical-scroll-bars . right) (horizontal-scroll-bars) (line-spacing) (no-special-glyphs) (undecorated) (ns-appearance) (ns-transparent-titlebar) (z-group) (no-focus-on-map) (no-accept-focus) (menu-bar-lines . 1) (tab-bar-lines . 0) (tool-bar-lines . 0) (title) (icon-type) (scroll-bar-height . 15) (alpha-background) (fullscreen) (background-mode . light) (font-parameter . "-*-Menlo-normal-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (environment) (root-p . t) (title-prefix-suffix . "-Root") (sticky) (last-focus-update . t) (frameset--id . "5E59-10C5-3834-4B6D") (frameset--mini t . t) (height . 48) (width . 80) (modeline . t) (unsplittable) (left . 953) (top . 239) (icon-name) (visibility . t) (tool-bar-position . top)) ((min-height . 4) (min-width . 10) (min-height-ignore . 2) (min-width-ignore . 7) (min-height-safe . 1) (min-width-safe . 2) (min-pixel-height . 56) (min-pixel-width . 70) (min-pixel-height-ignore . 28) (min-pixel-width-ignore . 49) (min-pixel-height-safe . 14) (min-pixel-width-safe . 14)) leaf (pixel-width . 591) (pixel-height . 658) (total-width . 84) (total-height . 47) (normal-height . 1.0) (normal-width . 1.0) (buffer ".emacs" (selected . t) (hscroll . 0) (fringes 8 8 nil nil) (margins nil) (scroll-bars nil 3 t nil 0 t nil) (vscroll . 0) (dedicated) (point . 21969) (start . 21961)) (prev-buffers ("*scratch*" 1 3))))])

;; Buffer section -- buffers listed in same order as in buffer list:
(desktop-create-buffer 208
  "/System/Volumes/Data/Swing/private/tanzer/Dotfiles/.emacs"
  ".emacs"
  'emacs-lisp-mode
  '(font-lock-mode display-fill-column-indicator-mode eldoc-mode)
  21969
  '(nil nil)
  nil
  nil
  '((buffer-display-time 25852 23177 761046 0) (buffer-file-coding-system . utf-8-unix))
  '((mark-ring nil)))

;; -*- mode: emacs-lisp; lexical-binding:t; coding: utf-8-emacs; -*-
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Desktop File for Emacs
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Created Sat Sep  9 12:44:32 2023
;; Desktop file format version 208
;; Emacs version 29.1

;; Global section:
(setq desktop-saved-frameset [frameset 1 (25852 23200 193299 0) (desktop . "208") "[email-masked]" nil nil ((((minibuffer . t) (fontsize . 0) (font . "-*-Menlo-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (font-parameter . "-*-Menlo-normal-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (child-frame-border-width) (vertical-scroll-bars . right) (horizontal-scroll-bars) (line-spacing) (no-special-glyphs) (undecorated) (ns-appearance) (ns-transparent-titlebar) (z-group) (no-focus-on-map) (no-accept-focus) (menu-bar-lines . 1) (tab-bar-lines . 0) (tool-bar-lines . 0) (title) (icon-type) (scroll-bar-height . 15) (alpha-background) (fullscreen) (sticky) (background-mode . light) (visibility . t) (last-focus-update . t) (frameset--id . "984C-20C7-9E97-83AF") (frameset--mini t) (modeline . t) (unsplittable) (icon-name) (tool-bar-position . top) (height . 98) (width . 80) (left . 1945) (top . 45)) ((min-height . 4) (min-width . 10) (min-height-ignore . 2) (min-width-ignore . 7) (min-height-safe . 1) (min-width-safe . 2) (min-pixel-height . 56) (min-pixel-width . 70) (min-pixel-height-ignore . 28) (min-pixel-width-ignore . 49) (min-pixel-height-safe . 14) (min-pixel-width-safe . 14)) leaf (pixel-width . 591) (pixel-height . 1358) (total-width . 84) (total-height . 97) (normal-height . 1.0) (normal-width . 1.0) (buffer ".emacs" (selected) (hscroll . 0) (fringes 8 8 nil nil) (margins nil) (scroll-bars nil 3 t nil 0 t nil) (vscroll . 0) (dedicated) (point . 25648) (start . 23573))) (((minibuffer . t) (fontsize . 0) (font . "-*-Menlo-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (child-frame-border-width) (vertical-scroll-bars . right) (horizontal-scroll-bars) (line-spacing) (no-special-glyphs) (undecorated) (ns-appearance) (ns-transparent-titlebar) (z-group) (no-focus-on-map) (no-accept-focus) (menu-bar-lines . 1) (tab-bar-lines . 0) (tool-bar-lines . 0) (title) (icon-type) (scroll-bar-height . 15) (alpha-background) (fullscreen) (background-mode . light) (font-parameter . "-*-Menlo-normal-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (environment) (root-p . t) (title-prefix-suffix . "-Root") (sticky) (last-focus-update . t) (frameset--id . "5E59-10C5-3834-4B6D") (frameset--mini t . t) (modeline . t) (unsplittable) (icon-name) (visibility . t) (tool-bar-position . top) (height . 48) (width . 80) (left . 973) (top . 249)) ((min-height . 4) (min-width . 10) (min-height-ignore . 2) (min-width-ignore . 7) (min-height-safe . 1) (min-width-safe . 2) (min-pixel-height . 56) (min-pixel-width . 70) (min-pixel-height-ignore . 28) (min-pixel-width-ignore . 49) (min-pixel-height-safe . 14) (min-pixel-width-safe . 14)) leaf (pixel-width . 591) (pixel-height . 658) (total-width . 84) (total-height . 47) (normal-height . 1.0) (normal-width . 1.0) (buffer ".emacs" (selected . t) (hscroll . 0) (fringes 8 8 nil nil) (margins nil) (scroll-bars nil 3 t nil 0 t nil) (vscroll . 0) (dedicated) (point . 21969) (start . 21961)) (prev-buffers ("*scratch*" 1 1))))])

;; Buffer section -- buffers listed in same order as in buffer list:
(desktop-create-buffer 208
  "/System/Volumes/Data/Swing/private/tanzer/Dotfiles/.emacs"
  ".emacs"
  'emacs-lisp-mode
  '(eldoc-mode display-fill-column-indicator-mode font-lock-mode)
  21969
  '(nil nil)
  nil
  nil
  '((buffer-display-time 25852 23199 264537 0) (buffer-file-coding-system . utf-8-unix))
  '((mark-ring nil)))

;; -*- mode: emacs-lisp; lexical-binding:t; coding: utf-8-emacs; -*-
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Desktop File for Emacs
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Created Sat Sep  9 12:44:48 2023
;; Desktop file format version 208
;; Emacs version 29.1

;; Global section:
(setq desktop-saved-frameset [frameset 1 (25852 23216 348689 0) (desktop . "208") "[email-masked]" nil nil ((((minibuffer . t) (fontsize . 0) (font . "-*-Menlo-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (font-parameter . "-*-Menlo-normal-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (child-frame-border-width) (vertical-scroll-bars . right) (horizontal-scroll-bars) (line-spacing) (no-special-glyphs) (undecorated) (ns-appearance) (ns-transparent-titlebar) (z-group) (no-focus-on-map) (no-accept-focus) (menu-bar-lines . 1) (tab-bar-lines . 0) (tool-bar-lines . 0) (title) (icon-type) (scroll-bar-height . 15) (alpha-background) (fullscreen) (sticky) (background-mode . light) (visibility . t) (last-focus-update . t) (frameset--id . "984C-20C7-9E97-83AF") (frameset--mini t) (modeline . t) (unsplittable) (icon-name) (tool-bar-position . top) (height . 98) (width . 80) (left . 1985) (top . 65)) ((min-height . 4) (min-width . 10) (min-height-ignore . 2) (min-width-ignore . 7) (min-height-safe . 1) (min-width-safe . 2) (min-pixel-height . 56) (min-pixel-width . 70) (min-pixel-height-ignore . 28) (min-pixel-width-ignore . 49) (min-pixel-height-safe . 14) (min-pixel-width-safe . 14)) leaf (pixel-width . 591) (pixel-height . 1358) (total-width . 84) (total-height . 97) (normal-height . 1.0) (normal-width . 1.0) (buffer ".emacs" (selected) (hscroll . 0) (fringes 8 8 nil nil) (margins nil) (scroll-bars nil 3 t nil 0 t nil) (vscroll . 0) (dedicated) (point . 25648) (start . 23573))) (((minibuffer . t) (fontsize . 0) (font . "-*-Menlo-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (child-frame-border-width) (vertical-scroll-bars . right) (horizontal-scroll-bars) (line-spacing) (no-special-glyphs) (undecorated) (ns-appearance) (ns-transparent-titlebar) (z-group) (no-focus-on-map) (no-accept-focus) (menu-bar-lines . 1) (tab-bar-lines . 0) (tool-bar-lines . 0) (title) (icon-type) (scroll-bar-height . 15) (alpha-background) (fullscreen) (background-mode . light) (font-parameter . "-*-Menlo-normal-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1") (environment) (root-p . t) (title-prefix-suffix . "-Root") (sticky) (last-focus-update . t) (frameset--id . "5E59-10C5-3834-4B6D") (frameset--mini t . t) (modeline . t) (unsplittable) (icon-name) (visibility . t) (tool-bar-position . top) (height . 48) (width . 80) (left . 993) (top . 259)) ((min-height . 4) (min-width . 10) (min-height-ignore . 2) (min-width-ignore . 7) (min-height-safe . 1) (min-width-safe . 2) (min-pixel-height . 56) (min-pixel-width . 70) (min-pixel-height-ignore . 28) (min-pixel-width-ignore . 49) (min-pixel-height-safe . 14) (min-pixel-width-safe . 14)) leaf (pixel-width . 591) (pixel-height . 658) (total-width . 84) (total-height . 47) (normal-height . 1.0) (normal-width . 1.0) (buffer ".emacs" (selected . t) (hscroll . 0) (fringes 8 8 nil nil) (margins nil) (scroll-bars nil 3 t nil 0 t nil) (vscroll . 0) (dedicated) (point . 21969) (start . 21961)) (prev-buffers ("*scratch*" 1 1))))])

;; Buffer section -- buffers listed in same order as in buffer list:
(desktop-create-buffer 208
  "/System/Volumes/Data/Swing/private/tanzer/Dotfiles/.emacs"
  ".emacs"
  'emacs-lisp-mode
  '(font-lock-mode display-fill-column-indicator-mode eldoc-mode)
  21969
  '(nil nil)
  nil
  nil
  '((buffer-display-time 25852 23212 856885 0) (buffer-file-coding-system . utf-8-unix))
  '((mark-ring nil)))