Subject: Re: bug#65829: 29.1; pgtk build invalid clickable area in window

From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:29:31 +0200

I keep this report open as I am still affected by the issue.

There was one question specifically targeting me:

> What if you delete the body of the function

> `pgtk_toolkit_position' within pgtkterm.c?

Sorry, I can't build Emacs myself.

However I can only ascertain that:

I am on Gnome 45 (as of recent) using Wayland and pgtk-build of Emacs
29.1 by Arch distribution. The issue shows also when running emacs -Q.

Am Mo., 23. Okt. 2023 um 22:04 Uhr schrieb Stefan Kangas <
[email-masked]>:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> >> From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
> >> Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 18:55:23 +0200
> >> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> >>
> >>  Also note that I did use An Emacs 30.0.50 pgtk-build with aot for
> maybe more than a year and did
> >> not have this issue. I have this issue after switching to the
> officially released Emacs 29.1.
> >
> > I don't understand how you could be using Emacs 30.050 for more than a
> > year, when Emacs 30 didn't exist before 28 Nov 2022.  And almost all
> > the changes installed in Emacs 29 are also present in Emacs 30.  Are
> > you sure you aren't misremembering?  Could it be that the cause was
> > some update in one of the system components used to build Emacs?
>
> More information was requested, but none was given within 6 weeks, so
> I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
> email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
> bug report.
>