Subject: Re: [gnome-team 0/1] Update gegl

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 19:17:05 +0200

Le vendredi 08 septembre 2023 à 20:23 +0200, Liliana Marie Prikler a
écrit :
> Am Freitag, dem 08.09.2023 um 18:57 +0200 schrieb Vivien Kraus:
> > Dear guix,
> > 
> > For now, the gnome-team branch cannot build gimp, because the gegl
> > dependency does not compile. If updated, however, gegl and gimp
> > compile fine. Should we proceed with the update?
> Did you also check whether we can update GIMP to a newer version?  If
> we can't and CI builds this, I'd still go for it.

This does not build on i686: it seems that gegl is requiring too recent
a librsvg.

https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/build/06ead8d1-5fdd-4984-b151-9e884285c834/log

../gegl-0.4.46/operations/external/svg-load.c: In function ‘load_svg’:
../gegl-0.4.46/operations/external/svg-load.c:101:5: error: unknown
type name ‘RsvgRectangle’; did you mean ‘GeglRectangle’?
  101 |     RsvgRectangle      svg_rect = {0.0, 0.0, width, height};
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |     GeglRectangle

What should I do? Keep an outdated gegl for i686?

Vivien