Subject: [PATCH v2 0/9] gnu: libftdi: Update to 1.5; other improvements.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 12:37:09 -0400

Here's a v2 of this patch series that adds a commit updating the package's
source URL to use HTTPS instead of HTTP, silencing a warning from guix lint.
(There's always something...)

Everything else is unchanged.  Here's the original cover letter:

This patch series updates and improves the package for libftdi, a library for
communicating with USB-to-serial adapter ICs from FTDI.

The patches

  - Refresh gently the formatting of the package;

  - Disable the building of example programs, which aren't installed anyway;

  - Enable the building of libftdi's ftdi_eeprom utility, its bindings for C++
    and Python, and its API documentation; and

  - Update libftdi to its latest version, 1.5.

I've kept the package in its own module as moving it to embedded.scm, where it
probably belongs, triggers the circular-dependency problem described in issue
65716.[0]

I've tested this on AArch64 and x86-64 with an FT232H module and everything
appears fine.  All of libftdi's 14 dependents continue to build with the
exception of arachne-pnr, an existing failure.[1]

[0] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65716

[1] http://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=arachne-pnr

---

Simon South (9):
  gnu: libftdi: Update package style.
  gnu: libftdi: Use HTTPS for package source.
  gnu: libftdi: Do not build example programs.
  gnu: libftdi: Install libraries to /lib instead of /lib64.
  gnu: libftdi: Build ftdi_eeprom.
  gnu: libftdi: Build C++ bindings.
  gnu: libftdi: Build Python bindings.
  gnu: libftdi: Update to 1.5.
  gnu: libftdi: Build API documentation.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 gnu/packages/libftdi.scm                      | 77 ++++++++++++++++---
 .../libftdi-fix-paths-when-FTDIPP-set.patch   | 39 ++++++++++
 3 files changed, 106 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/libftdi-fix-paths-when-FTDIPP-set.patch

base-commit: 811f4fc509a57ff14b1dd03d76fea66085e3f5e1
-- 
2.40.1