Subject: bug#65805: 30.0.50; quoted-insert doesn't work in zap-to-char

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 17:53:33 +0300

Hi, I'm not sure this should be treated as bug (and can be fixed), but
still I find it inconvenient.

- emacs -Q
- Open new buffer in text mode
- Type "foo C-q C-i bar"
- Now, with point at "foo", isearch for tab character works: "C-s C-q C-i"
- But zap-to-char doesn't: "M-z C-q C-i RET" displays "Wrong answer"

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 27, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS
 appkit-2022.70 Version 11.7.7 (Build 20G1345)) of 2023-09-06 built on
 fgunbin.local
Repository revision: 7055e47cde4d18b50ef11a1422a64d69f8a550a2
Repository branch: master
System Description:  macOS 11.7.7

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-file-notification=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix