Subject: bug#65800: closed (Re: bug#65800: 30.0.50; set-face-attribute gets error on android)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 05:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65800: 30.0.50; set-face-attribute gets error on android

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65800: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65800
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65800: 30.0.50; set-face-attribute gets error on android
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Shingo Tanaka <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 13:40:26 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Shingo Tanaka <[email-masked]> writes:

>  Thanks, this should be fixed now.
>
> Thank you.  I confirmed it's fixed.
>
> Regards,
> Shingo

Thanks for testing.  I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; set-face-attribute gets error on android
From: Shingo Tanaka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 12:41:01 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

(set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "Noto Sans Mono CJK JP")
just results in error with the backtrace below on android.

Device: Xiaomi Pad 5
MIUI Version: MIUI Pad Global 14.0.5  14.0.5.0(TKXMIXM)
Android Version: 13 TKQ1.221013.002
Emacs Binary: emacs-30.0.50-29-arm64-v8a.apk
https://sourceforge.net/projects/android-ports-for-gnu-emacs/files/
Font: ~/fonts/NotoSansMonoCJKjp-VF.ttf
https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/cjk/
<https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/cjk/Sans/Variable/TTF>
Sans/Variable/TTF/Mono/NotoSansMonoCJKjp-VF.ttf

(emacs-version)
30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-unknown-linux-android29)

Here is the backtrace.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument char-or-string-p nil)
  internal-set-lisp-face-attribute(default :font "Noto Sans Mono CJK JP" 0)
  set-face-attribute(default nil :font "Noto Sans Mono CJK JP")
  (progn (set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "Noto Sans Mono CJK JP"))
  eval((progn (set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "Noto Sans Mono CJK
JP")) t)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-print-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-print-last-sexp)