Subject: bug#6580: 23.1.96; Moving "(elisp) Function Documentation" to "(elisp) Documentation".

From: Yoni Rabkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:45:05 +0300

Section 12.2.4 "Documentation Strings of Functions" of the Emacs Lisp
manual should be referenced by section 24 "Documentation". Section
12.2.4 contains useful information such as the \(fn ARGLIST) text.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.96.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.5)
 of 2010-05-06 on ardbeg
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10400090
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Doit

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  display-wireless-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
C-s M-x e m m <tab> - l a <tab> p l <tab> n e <tab> 
<return> M-x <escape> p C-e <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
s h o <tab> <return> M-< M-x <escape> p C-e <M-backspace> 
b a <tab> <return> M-x <escape> p <escape> p <return> 
C-v M-< C-x b . h a <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-k C-k C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-y C-x C-s C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p M-f M-f 
M-f M-b M-b M-f : M-d SPC N e t h a c k SPC i n t e 
r f a c e SPC o v e r SPC <backspace> C-e C-x C-s C-a 
C-k C-k C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-y C-x C-s C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-c g <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n <return> c y l <return> <return> n n SPC 
q l C-x b . d <tab> M-x <escape> p <return> C-n C-p 
C-x b . h a <return> C-x b <return> M-x e m a c s <tab> 
<M-backspace> r e p <tab> <tab> o <tab> <tab> r <tab> 
<tab> b <tab> <return> C-g C-x C-f <escape> p C-g C-x 
b . <return> M-f M-f M-f M-b C-l M-b C-SPC C-e C-b 
M-w M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b C-SPC C-e C-b M-w M-x 
<escape> p <return>

Recent messages:
EMMS: All track information loaded.
Orit Rabkin is now Online
Contacting host: post2.audioscrobbler.com:80
track sucessfully submitted
EMMS: All track information loaded.
Currently playing: Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal
Making completion list... [4 times]
Quit [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Mark activated

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/ruby-mode/ruby-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.96/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
~/elisp/emms-gnu-org/lisp/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.96/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug css-mode erc-truncate erc-ring erc-netsplit erc-fill
dabbrev gnus-dired find-dired grep compile js json imenu cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
gomoku dictionary link connection nethack nethack-cmd nethack-api
nethack-keys gamegrid nethack-compat info vc-git url-cache flow-fill
w3m-cookie w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu ffap ispell newcomment whitespace
url-http url-gw url-auth auth-source mailalias smtpmail jka-compr
help-mode view cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs multi-isearch noutline outline goto-addr gnus-cite
ansi-color w3m-form w3m-symbol w3m w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg
gnus-ml disp-table jabber-keepalive jabber-bookmarks jabber-private
nndoc nnml nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime dig
nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
pop3 gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail ecomplete
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader canlock hashcash gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util
netrc mail-utils vc-darcs eldoc doit-mode rt-liberation-storage
rt-liberation-update rt-liberation-gnus rt-liberation rt-answer
emms-info-libtag emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-tag-editor emms-info-metaflac
emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate dired emms-setup emms emms-compat htmlize
dired-single ruby-mode movitz-slime cl-package-setup slime-cl-pitfalls
slime-repl slime byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile regexp-opt apropos
hideshow hyperspec browse-url w3m-load darcsum magit diff-mode log-edit
pcvs-util add-log parse-time wireless easy-mmode net-utils stuffcast
battery time bs iswitchb vernacular-time oddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
jabber jabber-awesome jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage
jabber-festival jabber-sawfish jabber-ratpoison jabber-screen
jabber-socks5 jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client
jabber-ft-common jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg
jabber-truncate jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars
jabber-chatstates jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar
jabber-activity jabber-watch jabber-modeline advice help-fns
advice-preload jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version
jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp comint
jabber-browse jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster
jabber-presence assoc jabber-muc jabber-newdisco jabber-widget
jabber-disco jabber-chat ewoc jabber-history jabber-chatbuffer
jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-keymap jabber-core jabber-sasl sasl
sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm jabber-logon jabber-conn srv
dns starttls tls jabber-xml jabber-menu jabber-autoloads jabber-util
corral-tasklist corral corral-oauth corral-hmac-sha1 sha1 hex-util
diamondsms xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse timezone url-vars mm-util
mail-prsvr mailcap find-aggresive find-func etags ring analog-clock
derived artist picture reporter rect color-theme easymenu wid-edit cl
cl-19 avoid edmacro kmacro erc-stamp erc-join erc-pcomplete time-date
pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
format-spec thingatpt pp tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)