Subject: bug#65772: kmail fails to start "unable to obtain agent type"

From: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 22:48:32 -0500

guix c3d48d0

~ $ kmail
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Starting up the Akonadi Server...
QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name
'initConnection', old connection removed.
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Running DB initializer
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: DB initializer done
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Duplicated agent identifier
"akonadi_archivemail_agent" from file
"/gnu/store/imzbmaql230a69qn43p8cl3ivlsby54
k-kmail-23.04.3/share/akonadi/agents/archivemailagent.desktop"
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Duplicated agent identifier
"akonadi_followupreminder_agent" from file
"/gnu/store/imzbmaql230a69qn43p8cl3ivl
sby54k-kmail-23.04.3/share/akonadi/agents/followupreminder.desktop"
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Duplicated agent identifier
"akonadi_mailfilter_agent" from file
"/gnu/store/imzbmaql230a69qn43p8cl3ivlsby54k
-kmail-23.04.3/share/akonadi/agents/mailfilteragent.desktop"
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Duplicated agent identifier
"akonadi_mailmerge_agent" from file
"/gnu/store/imzbmaql230a69qn43p8cl3ivlsby54k-
kmail-23.04.3/share/akonadi/agents/mailmergeagent.desktop"
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Duplicated agent identifier
"akonadi_sendlater_agent" from file
"/gnu/store/imzbmaql230a69qn43p8cl3ivlsby54k-
kmail-23.04.3/share/akonadi/agents/sendlateragent.desktop"
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Duplicated agent identifier
"akonadi_unifiedmailbox_agent" from file
"/gnu/store/imzbmaql230a69qn43p8cl3ivlsb
y54k-kmail-23.04.3/share/akonadi/agents/unifiedmailboxagent.desktop"
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Duplicated agent identifier
"akonadi_knut_resource" from file
"/gnu/store/vyaabsl9z64x2z8z9709zhl5r35g9wxb-ak
onadi-23.04.3/share/akonadi/agents/knutresource.desktop"
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Akonadi server is now operational.
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54007690) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54015af0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54015e00) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54015e00) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540299e0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5402a850) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5402b650) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5403cd90) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5403e180) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540574f0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540584b0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54007690) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54072d00) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54015e00) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540299e0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540172d0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54072d00) identified as
"SpecialCollectionsMonitor -
27760656"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54072d00) identified as
"SpecialCollectionsMonitor -
27760656"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54015e00) identified as
"MessageListTagMonitor - 2926
9232"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54015e00) identified as
"MessageListTagMonitor - 2926
9232"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540299e0) identified as
"MessageViewerMonitor - 28829
152"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540299e0) identified as
"MessageViewerMonitor - 28829
152"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540299e0) identified as
"MessageViewerMonitor - 28829
152"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54098200) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540172d0) identified as
"TagActionManagerMonitor - 31
634416"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540172d0) identified as
"TagActionManagerMonitor - 31
634416"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5409a5b0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5409a5b0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5409bc80) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5409afc0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540b4ce0) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5402b650) identified as
"AgentBaseChangeRecorder - 21
639728"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5403cd90) identified as
"AgentBaseChangeRecorder - 36
788224"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5409a5b0) identified as
"MailFilter Kernel ETM - 2175
9600"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5409afc0) identified as
"MailFilterCollectionMonitor
- 21673824"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540b4ce0) identified as
"MailFilterItemMonitor - 2149
8864"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540584b0) identified as
"AgentBaseChangeRecorder - 25
114592"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54098200) identified as
"UnifiedMailboxChangeRecorder
- 140721803359424"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5402a850) identified as
"AgentBaseChangeRecorder - 35
737248"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5403e180) identified as
"AgentBaseChangeRecorder - 23
726768"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54007690) identified as
"KMail Kernel ETM - 28014480"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5409bc80) identified as
"FilterManagerTagMonitor - 29
683808"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5413eb00) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5413eb00) )
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: New notification connection (registered as
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54098310) )
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc540574f0) identified as
"AgentBaseChangeRecorder - 15
860112"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc5413eb00) identified as
"Archive Mail Kernel ETM - 15
905152"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber
Akonadi::Server::NotificationSubscriber(0x7efc54098310) identified as
"ArchiveMailCollectionMonitor
- 15713968"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "Unable to obtain agent type ''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Cannot connect to the
Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent
type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error
and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nUnable to obtain agent type
''."
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to request resource "" : "Cannot
connect to the Akonadi service. (Unable to obtain agent type ''.)"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "TagActionManagerMonitor -
31634416" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "SpecialCollectionsMonitor -
27760656" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "MessageViewerMonitor -
28829152" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "FilterManagerTagMonitor -
29683808" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "KMail Kernel ETM - 28014480" disconnected
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "MessageListTagMonitor -
29269232" disconnected