Subject: Re: bug#65762: [PATCH] ; Fix error in 'tex-recenter-output-buffer'

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 13:03:26 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eshel & Eli,

>> This fixes an issue in `tex-recenter-output-buffer` (which affect
>> several other commands that rely on it) where it calls
>> `display-buffer` and tries to select the returned window, without
>> checking that `display-buffer` returned non-nil.  This leads to an
>> error when `display-tex-shell-buffer-action` or
>> `display-buffer-alist` are configured to prevent the display of the
>> *tex-shell* buffer.
>
> Thanks.  Tassilo, any comments?

Yes, looks right in cases where display-tex-shell-buffer-action is
display-buffer-no-window or maybe something similar is achieved by
display-buffer-alist which would lead to errors right now.  But I'm no
authority here, tex-mode.el is not tex.el (from auctex).

Bye,
Tassilo