Subject: bug#65760: 29.1; eglot performance issue

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 18:11:19 +0100

On Tue, Sep 5, 2023 at 5:59 PM Axel Forsman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I disagree with the initial decision to log all JSONRPC events
> by default to begin with, but irregardless,

I'll change the default if you volunteer to share half
the work of answering and debugging bug reports that contain
nothing but screenshots and minimal information with me for
the next year.  Deal?

> should it not be possible to fix the performance issues by
> having jsonrpc--log-event push raw events onto a ring,
> and introducing a second function that
> formats the raw events as strings
> and inserts them into a new buffer that gets displayed.
> That way the expensive pretty printing would be deferred
> to until the events are actually viewed.

Fantastic idea if you can make it work.  You might be able
to use window-configuration-change-hook or something like that.
Anyway, await your patches eagerly, but there can't be any
interface changes M-x eglot-events-buffer and switch to buffer
must work as before.

João