Subject: bug#65750: 12.2; LaTeX-mark-section and LaTeX-section-list

From: Janet Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 14:46:17 -0400

I've added a custom section to LaTeX-section-list, but LaTeX-mark-section ignores it. This may be the intended behavior, but I think it would make more sense for it to mark sections based on the entries in LaTeX-section-list.

In case it matters, here's the buffer local value of my LaTeX-section-list:
(("part" 0)
 ("chapter" 1)
 ("section" 2)
 ("nsection" 2)
 ("subsection" 3)
 ("subsubsection" 4)
 ("paragraph" 5)
 ("subparagraph" 6))

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.37, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2023-05-13, modified by Debian
Package: 12.2

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2019-10-30"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("/var/lib/auctex/emacs/"
                  "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/style"
                  "/home/jjchen/.emacs.d/auctex/.auctex"
                  "/home/jjchen/.emacs.d/auctex/style" ".auctex" "style")
 TeX-auto-save t
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master t
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX"
                     "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %`%(extraopts) %S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run plain TeX")
                    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %T" TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
                    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil
                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
                     TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                    ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %`%(extraopts) %S%(mode)%' %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                    ("ConTeXt"
                     "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
                    ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help
                     "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode context-mode)
                     :help "Run BibTeX")
                    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run Biber")
                    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help
                     "Run Viewer")
                    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
                    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
                     "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
                    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Generate PostScript file")
                    ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                    ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx %d" TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
                    ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                    ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %s" TeX-run-command nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run makeglossaries to create glossary\n     file")
                    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-index nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run makeindex to create index file")
                    ("upMendex" "upmendex %s" TeX-run-index t
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run upmendex to create index file")
                    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run xindy to create index file")
                    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                     :help "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                     :help "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil
                     t :help "Spell-check the document")
                    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate files")
                    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help
                     "Run an arbitrary command")
                    )
 )