Subject: bug#65734: [BUG] kill-whole-line on folded subtrees [9.6.8 (release_9.6.8-3-g21171d @ /home/w/usr/emacs/0/29/0/lisp/org/)]

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:44:29 +0000

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> I said that remapping widely-used keys to commands that behave
>>> significantly differently places a non-trivial burden on users,
>>> especially on those who use the remapping mode relatively rarely.
>>
>> Sure. From which I concluded that Org mode should avoid remapping
>
> I don't think that's what it means.  It means that it depends on what is
> the end-user-visible effect.  If the remapped version of the command
> "does the same" conceptually, then it's OK (even more so if the
> non-remapped version of the command ends up misbehaving).

Ok. I stand corrected.

> I think the main question is: can we expect that some users out there
> will want to use the non-remapped version of the command because they
> prefer its behavior?

We received no bug reports complaining about non-standard behaviour of
remapped functions AFAIK. So, I do not think that Org mode has problems
here.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>