Subject: Re: bug#65734: [BUG] kill-whole-line on folded subtrees [9.6.8 (release_9.6.8-3-g21171d @ /home/w/usr/emacs/0/29/0/lisp/org/)]

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 22:21:26 +0000

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It would be nice if this advice were added to the relevant docstrings.
>
> Not sure exactly which advice you're referring to (the text you quoted
> above is misleading: it would encourage the naive reader to just do the
> work in `after-change-functions` since it's called only once per command
> anyway, which they already instinctively do and which is exactly what we
> don't want), nor which docstring you're referring to.

I was mostly referring to the docstring of `after-change-functions'.
Maybe also
`modification-hooks'\‘insert-in-front-hooks’\‘insert-behind-hooks’ text
properties.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>