Subject: Re: bug#65727: 30.0.50; Build failure in MSYS2 when --with-native-compilation

From: voi dfoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:42:40 -0700

The dependency versions are not explicitly specified in my installation
script

"pacman -S --needed --noconfirm git zip base-devel
mingw-w64-x86_64-autotools mingw-w64-x86_64-toolchain
mingw-w64-x86_64-xpm-nox mingw-w64-x86_64-libtiff mingw-w64-x86_64-giflib
mingw-w64-x86_64-libpng mingw-w64-x86_64-libjpeg-turbo
mingw-w64-x86_64-librsvg mingw-w64-x86_64-libwebp mingw-w64-x86_64-lcms2
mingw-w64-x86_64-gnutls mingw-w64-x86_64-jansson mingw-w64-x86_64-libgccjit
mingw-w64-x86_64-libxml2 mingw-w64-x86_64-gnutls mingw-w64-x86_64-zlib
mingw-w64-x86_64-harfbuzz mingw-w64-x86_64-tree-sitter
mingw-w64-x86_64-sqlite3"

There is a update of the package to gcc 13.2.0 that may be related:
https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/commits/master/mingw-w64-gcc

On Mon, Sep 4, 2023, 5:29 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: voi dfoo <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 22:06:41 -0700
> >
> > Occasionally I use appveyor/GitHub Actions to build Emacs for Windows
> > using MSYS environment. At some point the build started to fail when
> > making .elc files.
> >
> > I suspect that newer version of dependencies (libgccjit?) caused the
> > crash because a previous passing commit now also failed.
> >
> > I don't have a local environment to investigate further. I don't know
> > whether the following information is actionable but here they are
>
> Did you per chance upgrade GCC and/or libgccjit and/or Binutils
> between the last successful build and the first failed one?
>