Subject: bug#65725: Acknowledgement (guix pull fails on riscv64)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 11:23:27 +0200

Since openssl is already bumped from "1.1.1l" to a version that has
the bug fixed in the development branch, I presume this will be fixed
once the next guix release (1.5) is out?

In the meantime, I wonder if there is a workaround I can apply. I
tried compiling from source, but that seems to fail as well:

$ make
...
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.info
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.de.info
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.es.info
guix.es.texi:19957: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not p
guix.es.texi:46743: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not p
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.fr.info
guix.fr.texi:15509: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not p
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.pt_BR.info
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.ru.info
Wide character in warn at /usr/bin/makeinfo line 637.
guix.ru.texi:13133: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not д
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.zh_CN.info
  MAKEINFO doc/guix-cookbook.de.info
guix-cookbook.de.texi:611: @menu reference to nonexistent node `A
``Hello World'' package'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:612: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Setup'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:613: @menu reference to nonexistent node
`Extended example'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:614: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Other
build systems'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:615: @menu reference to nonexistent node
`Programmable and automated package definition'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:616: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Getting help'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:617: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Conclusion'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:842: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Local file'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:843: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Channels'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:1551: @menu reference to nonexistent node
`Recursive importers'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:1552: @menu reference to nonexistent node
`Automatic update'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:3767: @menu reference to nonexistent node `A
Database Container'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:4066: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Basic
setup with manifests'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:4067: @menu reference to nonexistent node
`Required packages'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:4068: @menu reference to nonexistent node
`Default profile'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:4069: @menu reference to nonexistent node `The
benefits of manifests'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:117: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`A ``Hello World'' package'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:118: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Setup'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:119: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Extended example'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:120: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Other build systems'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:121: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Programmable and automated package definition'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:122: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Getting help'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:123: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Conclusion'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:130: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Local file'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:131: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Channels'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:138: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Recursive importers'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:139: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Automatic update'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:197: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`A Database Container'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:211: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Basic setup with manifests'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:212: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Required packages'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:213: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`Default profile'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:214: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node
`The benefits of manifests'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:5396: doc/guix-cookbook.de.info] Error 1