Subject: guix pull fails on riscv64

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 12:47:22 +0200

Not sure if those are two issues, or one, but on riscv64 the following
seems to fail:

* guix pull
* openssl "check" phase

Steps to reproduce:

Install guix 1.4.0 and run "guix pull".

Output:

building /gnu/store/qkwilbf7fvc4rj55cvrf02xvmmx6mvv2-gnutls-3.7.7.tar.xz.drv...
building /gnu/store/d0gkh0hkxrfbb7i8z328rqws5m8xm05n-guile-gnutls-3.7.9-checkout.drv...
building /gnu/store/lzjryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv...
- 'check' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/lzjryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/lzjryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/lz/jryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv.gz'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/6xs1rj5x52hmaldlygbc089jyr70j33s-mit-krb5-1.19.2.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/bpy3jvm3zjmsc9gkiqhyv1y99z7vnzik-nghttp2-1.44.0.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
Backtrace:
          14 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/bjmgis3jwxw9cwv900dc3h8xabgnbk4p-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 13 (_ _)
    159:9 12 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?>
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2170:24  9 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 227deaa0>
#<procedure 31ce75a0 at ./guix/self.scm:1303:2 (st?> ?)
   1998:8  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 227deaa0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 227deaa0>)
   1180:2  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 3799f230>)
   1046:2  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 3799f230>)
    892:4  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 3799f230>)

                        \In ./guix/store.scm:
  2055:12  3 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 3799f230>)
   1403:5  2 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99
3799f230> #<procedure 36085b80 at ./guix/store.scm:20?> ?)
  1419:15  1 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 3799f230>
("/gnu/store/jv53661ncfx9nlja7wkqfck18s2qbrdi-curl-7.84.0.drv" ?) ?)
  1419:15  0 (loop #f)

./guix/store.scm:1419:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
  1. &store-protocol-error:
      message: "build of
`/gnu/store/jv53661ncfx9nlja7wkqfck18s2qbrdi-curl-7.84.0.drv' failed"
      status: 100
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/bjmgis3jwxw9cwv900dc3h8xabgnbk4p-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"47348b85f67d23b074d8d624450eaf1d443c101a"; system: "riscv64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

The full openssl output is:
https://github.com/starfive-tech/VisionFive2/files/12505756/jryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv.txt

Let me know if anything else is required.