Subject: bug#65725: guix pull fails on riscv64 (guix install openssl, too)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:09:00 +0100

Hi all,

just to check in on this bug again. Recall, I am on guix 1.4.0 (the
Ubuntu package) on riscv64 and I was running into an openssl-1.1.1l
issue and a libgit issue.

I can reproduce the openssl issue in the unit tests with "guix install openssl".

Still, trying to disable the unit test, I tried
`--without-tests=openssl-1.1.1l`, but that didn't seem to be working
either:

# guix install --keep-going --without-tests=openssl-1.1.1l  openssl
accepted connection from pid 3611385, user root
guix install: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

The following package will be installed:
   openssl 3.0.7

The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/8wrlkm74fg8j01ixjarbgsdr4l7zx38s-glibc-utf8-locales-2.33.drv
  /gnu/store/xx80y9hw2ilw1y8bwmkg77rp3bks7xby-glibc-2.33.drv
  /gnu/store/9i591y0qb9m33m4ny6hdbsvbv24grxcm-python-minimal-3.9.9.drv
  /gnu/store/lzjryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv

building /gnu/store/lzjryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv...
- 'check' phase
/ 'check' phase
| 'check' phase builder for
`/gnu/store/lzjryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/lzjryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/lz/jryc1fdsi6xsjh7m050dygirccbglm-openssl-1.1.1l.drv.gz'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/9i591y0qb9m33m4ny6hdbsvbv24grxcm-python-minimal-3.9.9.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/xx80y9hw2ilw1y8bwmkg77rp3bks7xby-glibc-2.33.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/8wrlkm74fg8j01ixjarbgsdr4l7zx38s-glibc-utf8-locales-2.33.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix install: error: build of
`/gnu/store/8wrlkm74fg8j01ixjarbgsdr4l7zx38s-glibc-utf8-locales-2.33.drv'
failed