Subject: Re: bug#65725: Acknowledgement (guix pull fails on riscv64)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 19:47:49 +0200

> Can you retry, after rm'ing .cache/guix/checkouts?

Ok, I started from scratch again, but now it seems to be stuck
downloading libgit?

Not sure if this is an issue with my internet or a bug in guix. The output is:

guix pull
accepted connection from pid 852656, user root
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 6d12c16 (9 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    6d12c16
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/l1x4l1rdxqc3xb5pfpc7qzn73bwb6f2j-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'riscv64-linux'... -\
/
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
ore/33n8ncsjhr9lw3l7c8gprjqyz4v4rl89-libjpeg-turbo-2.1.4.tar.gz
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/33n8ncsjhr9lw3l7c8gprjqyz4v4rl89-libjpeg-turbo-2.1.4.tar.gz
2261936 1572960
 libjpeg-turbo-2.1.4.tar.gz  2.2MiB

                                                      676KiB/s 00:03
[##################] 100.0%
 libgit2-1.3.2-checkout  3.2MiB

                                                      129KiB/s 00:22
[###############   ]  88.5%Backtrace:
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
   856:15 19 (_)
    650:2 18 (process-substitution _ _ _ #:cache-urls _ #:acl _ # _ # ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 17 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
    525:9 16 (download-nar #<<narinfo> path: "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvb?> ?)
In guix/serialization.scm:
    424:4 15 (fold-archive _ _ _ _)
   468:33 14 (read "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvby582y958fv84jnglf75jaz-lib?" ?)
   468:33 13 (read "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvby582y958fv84jnglf75jaz-lib?" ?)
   468:33 12 (read "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvby582y958fv84jnglf75jaz-lib?" ?)
   468:33 11 (read "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvby582y958fv84jnglf75jaz-lib?" ?)
   442:24 10 (read "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvby582y958fv84jnglf75jaz-lib?" ?)
   525:24  9 (_ "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvby582y958fv84jnglf75jaz-libgit?" ?)
In ice-9/ports.scm:
   467:11  8 (call-with-output-file "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvby582y958f?" ?)
In unknown file:
           7 (open-file "/gnu/store/25lmh68nvby582y958fv84jnglf75ja?" ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  6 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
Backtrace:
          17 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/dmnd8rjz3frcv9cs3vd950nzayynl30z-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 16 (_ _)
    159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?>
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2168:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140>
#<procedure 35823af0 at ./guix/self.scm:1330:2 (st?> ?)
   1996:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140>)
   1180:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140>)
   1046:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140>)
    892:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2053:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140>)
   1401:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99
206a6140> #<procedure 2e09c700 at ./guix/store.scm:20?> ?)
/  1417:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140>
("/gnu/store/ha2p9cl9cd3x2yrwli11gksqb6nvgkxq-guix-daemon-1.?" ?) ?)
  1417:15  3 (loop #f)
   711:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 206a6140> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   101:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
     79:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/dmnd8rjz3frcv9cs3vd950nzayynl30z-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"6d12c16299c1654a909c69d52bcb99b02cca0962"; system: "riscv64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.