Subject: bug#65725: Acknowledgement (guix pull fails on riscv64)

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 10:14:26 +0200

Hi,

much.effort283--- via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]>
writes:

> Since openssl is already bumped from "1.1.1l" to a version that has
> the bug fixed in the development branch, I presume this will be fixed
> once the next guix release (1.5) is out?

`guix pull` should pull the latest available commit on master, and so it
should use the newer openssl version there.  Can you retry, after rm'ing
.cache/guix/checkouts?  If it still mentions 1.1.1l, we might have a bug
in `guix pull`.

> In the meantime, I wonder if there is a workaround I can apply. I
> tried compiling from source, but that seems to fail as well:

Unfortunately, the latest source requires a patched po4a that was added
very recently.  I don't know if you can confidently build all of Guix
locally without the doc, I haven't inspected the Makefile too closely.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret