Subject: Re: bug#65720: Guile-Git-managed checkouts grow way too much

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 00:36:17 +0200

Hi Ludo,

On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 at 20:10, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ‘get-internal-run-time’ returns “units of processor time” used by the
> current process (info "(guile) Time").  When shelling out, the process
> calls waitpid(2) and does nothing, so naturally its processor time is
> close to zero.
>
> ‘get-internal-real-time’ should give something closer to elapsed time.

Well, let avoid to mix unrelated discussion. :-)  For discussing that
specific part, I reported on guix-devel my timing using ,time.

        comparing commit-relation using Scheme+libgit2 vs shellout plumbing Git
        Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
        Tue, 12 Sep 2023 00:48:30 +0200
        id:[email-masked]
        https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-09
        https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

The result is still significantly less and discussion is welcome
overthere. :-)

Cheers,
simon