Subject: Re: [bug#66650] [PATCH] git: Shell out to ‘git gc’ when necessary.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 10:19:01 +0100

Hello,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Fixes <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65720>.
>>
>> This fixes a bug whereby libgit2-managed checkouts would keep growing as
>> we fetch.

[...]

> This sounds good to me, the data service has this problem as well of
> cached checkouts that grow to be too large and this sounds like it'll
> address it.

Thanks for your input, Chris.

Any other comments?  I’d like to push the patch within a few days if
there are no objections.

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66650

Ludo’.