Subject: bug#65719: [PATCH] Pass restart argument to 'kill-emacs-query-functions'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 14:07:33 +0000

On 2024-02-12 17:35, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> [Please use Reply All to reply, to keep everybody CC'ed.]
> 
>> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 17:21:04 +0000
>> From: Elken <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> The use case that raised it for me was loading perspective workspaces 
>> when I restart in place (due to a
>> configuration change or other reason) but I don't want to load the 
>> workspaces every time I start Emacs.
> 
> And why cannot you use kill-emacs-query-functions for this purpose?

Bumping this patch again as it would be nice to have in. To answer the 
question more clearly (I thought I did before, my apologies) using 
kill-emacs-query-functions would technically work but also add another 
prompt every time I quit or restart. It makes sense to have a clear 
separation of quitting for good and restarting in place.

I also noticed this morning that `kill-emacs` and `restart-emacs` don't 
handle the prefix argument for the hooks. Would you accept either 
another patch for that or an amendment to this patch? The current patch 
I imagine will need to be rebased anyway, so whichever is easier for 
you.

Again apologies for letting this one slip so long.

Thanks all,

Ellis