Subject: 29.1; Most code of `project-ignores' seems to be dead code

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 18:03:04 +0200

Hi,

The function `project-ignores' starts like this:

  (cl-defmethod project-ignores ((project (head vc)) dir)
    (let* ((root (nth 2 project))
           backend)
      (append
       (when (and backend
                  (file-equal-p dir root))

It seems to me that `backend' is always going to be nil at this point
and thus the 25-line long `when' block will always return nil without
doing anything.

Am I missing something?

This code seems to have been introduced in commit
785fa801596ad7bb9f838cac865f00de29e253d1 "New user option:
project-vc-extra-root-markers".

Best

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill