Subject: Re: bug#65704: 29.1; Most code of `project-ignores' seems to be dead code

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 22:22:08 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
> On 05/09/2023 10:58, Damien Cassou wrote:
>> The expression (project-current) now returns (vc nil "…/client/") in
>> my client/ directory.
>
> I'm still not sure about the relative path in the 3rd element, but if it 
> doesn't cause problems, let's set it aside for now.

The "..." in the result of (project-current) above is not a sign of a
relative path but a sign of me removing the noise in my message. I'm
sorry it was more confusing than helpful. The real string starts with
"~/Documents/".

> So I'm not 100% sure about changing that in Emacs 29, but here's a 
> patch, please try it out:

This is working great for me as far as I can tell. Thank you. Updating
Emacs 29 doesn't seem necessary: this is why we have Elpa after all.

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill