Subject: Re: bug#65704: 29.1; Most code of `project-ignores' seems to be dead code

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 22:11:36 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
> That's the reason I've added project-vc-extra-root-markers: so that 
> honoring files like .gitignore still makes sense, but the user can split 
> the project into pieces using these markers while keeping the same 
> backend in use.

thank you very much for your explanation. I simplified my setup as you
suggested.

That being said, `project-files' for 'vc' seems not to work for
me. Inside my client/ folder, (project-current) returns

  (vc nil "…/client/")

The `project-files' method has this line:

    (if (and (file-equal-p dir (cdr project))

Because `dir' is a string and (cdr project) is the list (nil
"…/client/), `file-equal-p' always returns nil. If I change `cdr' to be
`caddr', things seem to work perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong again or is it a bug and I should submit a
patch?

Best

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill