Subject: Re: bug#65695: 29.1; fill-paragraph not working in python-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 12:06:41 +0300

> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 19:52:37 +0100
> From: George Kettleborough <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> Use python-ts-mode (with an installed language grammar). Type a very
> long function docstring and use `fill-paragraph' (M-q).
> 
> Expected: This should reformat the docstring to fit in the fill width
> (by calling `python-fill-paragraph' by default).
> 
> Actual: Nothing happens.
> 
> Note: Normal fill behaviour still works in python-mode.

Yuan, could you please look into fixing this?  It looks like the
fill-paragraph-function used by python-ts-mode is still
python-fill-paragraph, but the latter depends on syntax tables being
set, which I guess isn't done in python-ts-mode?  So we probably need
a different function that uses tree-sitter information?

Thanks.