Subject: bug#65648: [off-topic your packages]

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 21:42:19 +0200

>>> "PN" == Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Uwe,
>> Just a short comment, why don't to combine both package to one single
>> repository, since czm-tex-edit.el requires dynexp.el?
>> That would make it a bit easier to install.
>> 
>> 
>> I will try to test them in the coming days.
>> 

> Thanks for your feedback on this.  I only recently got around to
> splitting packages off from my config.  In case you're really in the
> mood for testing, here are the latex-related ones thus far:

Wow, I really think you should combine them to a single repository,
makes also testing simpler. I will travel tomorrow, so not sure when I
will test them.

I just skimmed the README's
> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-edit.el

for me the most interesting, several functions, I have also implemented,
or tried to implement, so I am curious to see, how your functions differ.

> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-fold.el
well, I don't use that very often

> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-ref.el

I am a convinced user of reftex, the feature I need most is, that it
inserts the file name as a prefix to every label. Since I regularly
insert equations from other files, so that feature is very important to me.
> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-jump.el

Seems interesting

> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-preview.el

I have not used preview for some time, so I am not sure whether I will
have a look

> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-compile.el

I will check
> https://github.com/ultronozm/dynexp.el

I am using cdlatex very often, any change in that behavior will for the
moment break my workflow.

> https://github.com/ultronozm/spout.el
I will check

> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-util.el

Hm what is that for?

> I think you're right that it doesn't make much sense for
> "czm-tex-edit" to depend upon "dynexp" -- I guess I should move the
> common function to "czm-tex-util", which is where I've put helpers for
> most of the other packages -- but it seemed better to me to allow some
> dependencies between packages than to merge them all together or
> introduce redundancy.

> Any additional feedback would be welcome.

I think the first one I will check in the coming days, more then later
> Paul

-- 
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support to deliver weapons to Ukraine's military. 
I support the NATO membership of the Ukraine.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine. 
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/gmail-conversation-view/