Subject: Re: [off-topic your packages] (was: bug#65648: 13.2; indentation of nested environments)

From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 20:23:59 +0200

Hi Uwe,

> Just a short comment, why don't to combine both package to one single
> repository, since czm-tex-edit.el requires dynexp.el?
> That would make it a bit easier to install.
>
>
> I will try to test them in the coming days.
>

Thanks for your feedback on this.  I only recently got around to
splitting packages off from my config.  In case you're really in the
mood for testing, here are the latex-related ones thus far:

https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-edit.el
https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-fold.el
https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-ref.el
https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-jump.el
https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-preview.el
https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-compile.el
https://github.com/ultronozm/dynexp.el
https://github.com/ultronozm/spout.el
https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-util.el

I think you're right that it doesn't make much sense for
"czm-tex-edit" to depend upon "dynexp" -- I guess I should move the
common function to "czm-tex-util", which is where I've put helpers for
most of the other packages -- but it seemed better to me to allow some
dependencies between packages than to merge them all together or
introduce redundancy.

Any additional feedback would be welcome.

Paul