Subject: bug#6564: closed (Re: bug#6564: 23.2; emacs gets stuck in the erase mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 19:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6564: 23.2; emacs gets stuck in the erase mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6564: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6564
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6564: 23.2; emacs gets stuck in the erase mode
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 14:19:37 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris wrote:

> If nobody here has any ideas, you might try asking on a Cygwin list.
> I see a few references to "stuck" keys there, but not the same thing as
> you see. Eg
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2005-05/msg00269.html

Closing after several years.

Subject: 23.2; emacs gets stuck in the erase mode
From: Michael Levit <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:29:38 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm starting emacs from tcsh running cygwin-X on Windows 7.

Typing ctrl-k (or ctrl-backspace) results in everything in the active
emacs buffer being deleted word by word. I can only stop that by
rightclicking on the cygwin-x icon in the task bar.

See the long sequence of C-k below? I have only pressed it once.

This behavior is reproducable and so far I have only encountered it with 
the two delete-combinations above and only
in emacs.

Thanx

ML
____________

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)
  of 2010-05-08 on laptop
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.10800000
configured using `configure  
'--srcdir=/usr/src/emacs-23.2-1/src/emacs-23.2' '--prefix=/usr' 
'--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' 
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var' 
'--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datarootdir=/usr/share' 
'--docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ncursesw' 
'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/ncursesw' 'CC=gcc' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe ' 'LIBS=''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-2>
<mouse-2> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [5 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [6 times]
kill-line: End of buffer [119 times]
kill-line: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)