Subject: bug#6564: 23.2; emacs gets stuck in the erase mode

From: Michael Levit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:29:38 -0700

Hi,

I'm starting emacs from tcsh running cygwin-X on Windows 7.

Typing ctrl-k (or ctrl-backspace) results in everything in the active
emacs buffer being deleted word by word. I can only stop that by
rightclicking on the cygwin-x icon in the task bar.

See the long sequence of C-k below? I have only pressed it once.

This behavior is reproducable and so far I have only encountered it with 
the two delete-combinations above and only
in emacs.

Thanx

ML
____________

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)
  of 2010-05-08 on laptop
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.10800000
configured using `configure  
'--srcdir=/usr/src/emacs-23.2-1/src/emacs-23.2' '--prefix=/usr' 
'--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' 
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var' 
'--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datarootdir=/usr/share' 
'--docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ncursesw' 
'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/ncursesw' 'CC=gcc' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe ' 'LIBS=''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-2>
<mouse-2> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [5 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [6 times]
kill-line: End of buffer [119 times]
kill-line: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)