Subject: Re: bug#65628: Document preview fails with long filenames

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 14:21:20 +0900

Hi John,

>>>>> John Holman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Document preview works when the filename has no more than 22 characters,
> e.g. test.tex, but fails with message "Ghostscript filter: No bounding box"
> when the filename has more, e.g. 01234567890123456789012.tex. However
> buffer preview always works.

I think the origin of this issue is the same as bug#27088:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27088

The log you provided seems to have extra line break discussed in the
above bug record thread:
> The contents of the *.. output* buffer are then

> 012345678901234546789012.tex:4: Preview: Snippet 1
> ended.(282168+127431x1593186
> ).
> <-><->

> l.4 \(x=y\)

As I corrected in the above thread, MikTeX doesn't see the environment
variable max_print_line unfortunately and you can try one of the
following two options:
(1) Add command line option --max-print-line=1000 to latex.
    I expect you can use the customize option `preview-LaTeX-command'
    for that purpose.
(2) Edit the MikTeX config file and modify max_print_line parameter.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine